This course aims to give theoretical training on how to select and correctly use fire extinguishers and other fire fighting equipment.
Fire Marshal / Warden Training
At the end of this three hour Fire Warden Course, attendees will have an understanding of fire safety in relation to their role in the Company.
This course is intended for Fire Wardens, Fire Marshals, Deputy Fire Wardens, Deputy Fire Marshals. This course is suitable for up to 15 attendees. There will be an outside demonstration on the use of fire extinguishers at the end of the classroom session.
- Introduction to fire safety
- Introduction to the legal framework
- Fire science
- Fire risk assessment
- How people react in an emergency
- Different classes of fire
- Different types of fire extinguishers and equipment, and their use.
- Emergency plans and evacuation
- Sweeping work areas safely
- Movement of people
- Hazard analysis
At the end of the course, the candidates will be trained on examples of fire scenarios including DVDs of the Bradford Fire, Fire Extinguishers, and Fire warden’s role.