first aid response
The course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to provide and coordinate First Aid in the workplace.
First Aid Response (3 Day)
This pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Response Course FAR is the new First Aid Training Standard for occupational first aid in the workplace recognised by both the Health & Safety Authority and PHECC.
This training is a 3 day programme, suitable for up to 6 participants. This course is for employees who need to deliver emergency first aid before the arrival of the Designated First Aid Responder. All courses are classroom based. They are highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning. This programme is open to all learners, specifically those who have a responsibility in health & safety within their work environment.
The programme will enable learners to deliver First Aid. It will ensure competency in the preparation of First Aid assessments. Delivery of this programme will be in-house. The training programme will consist of a variety of lectures, practical demonstrations and student centered learning.
Successful participants will receive a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Responder Certificate.
- Understanding the responsibility of the occupational first aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of coordinating First Aid arrangements in the workplace
- Be familiar with Health and Safety legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Sprains, Strains & Dislocation
- Burns & Scalds
- Medical Emergencies